Monday 9 May 2016

Classical Civilisation lesson this Wednesday

This Wednesday (11th), I'm out of school on a trip with Year 10s. I am not sure what time I'll get back to school at the moment, so I think the safest thing is to set some work for the lesson, which is as follows:

On Wednesday at 2pm, please come to L14 where you will be able to collect a script of Euripides' play Bacchae which I have printed out for each of you. Alongside Sophocles' Oedipus, which you should now all have read and which we looked at in more detail last week, this will be the other play you'll need to know for the examination.

Please can you all read through the play, and create a storyboard displaying the main plot elements. For those of you who missed last week's lesson, you should hopefully know that creating a storyboard of Oedipus was last week's homework as well.

I'd like both of these storyboards to be handed in to me by the end of Friday. You will need to know the plots of both plays really well for the exam at the end of June, so this is one way to help you learn and remember them!

I'll see you as normal for the following week's lesson (Wednesday 18th). If you missed the Oedipus lesson last week, please come and find me to go over what you missed.

Thanks very much,

Dr R. 

No comments:

Post a Comment